MINWAX OIL and WATER STAINS
CLICK TO VIEW ALL STAIN AND WHITE CHOICES
Pickled White Finish
Bright White Finish
English Oak with White Balusters
- Available as bare wood. No stain. No paint. No
sealants. Sanded and stain-ready.
Stained Gate Finishes for Interior Gates
- Finished gates are available at extra cost.
- We feature ALL 31 water-based and
oil-based Minwax stains. Email us
for special tinted colors.
- Why Minwax? Minwax is available nationally. You
should visit your local hardware store, and look at
the MINWAX wood samples on display. Pick the color
that best meets your needs.
- Do not use your web monitor for color matching.
Monitors vary widely in how they show colors.
- We apply two coats of stain and sand your gate
before applying wipe-on polyurethane clear coats for
- Available in satin sheen only. If you want
greater sheen, you may use a spray polyurethane
(we recommend Helms or Minwax spray "Fast Dry" polyurethane), or use Minwax Wipe-On Polyurethane in
Clear Gloss. These are virtually fool-proof to
apply, and inexpensive. Once your gate arrives, you
should buff it with steel wool (000 or 0000) before
applying a high-gloss finish.
White Gate Finishes
- Bright White finishes, sealed in
non-yellowing Polycrilic, are available to all
customers. This finish is nearly opaque and may show
just the slightest hint of wood grain, if you look
- Pickled White Stained finishes, which are
semi-sheer, are available to all customers. The wood
grain shows a bit more - like a white washed finish.
- We do offer painted white spindles or slats, if
the rest of the gate is stained (small surcharge
Need a custom tint to
match your cabinets or molding?
- Custom stain/tint matching is available. Send us a
wood chip at least 3" in length on one side, and
we'll stain your gate to match.
- View how it works
Exterior Gate Finishes
- Exterior gates are cedar. They
will turn a weathered grey naturally. You must seal
them with Thompson WaterSeal once you receive the gates.
Please reseal twice a year.
- We recommend CABOT exterior stains over cedar.